Introduction

Welcome. This blog contains stories, poems, snippets, and other related content. Please feel free to post comments related to the material including, but not limited to, commentary, criticisms, suggested edits and titles. For all other comments, please visit my other blog, Cotton Shards, at www.cottonshards.blogspot.com. Thank you.

~Ari

13 October 2010

Trinket

There is this thing, see?
This string of little jewels that
Sit on my desk.
They don't sparkle. They are too dull.

This bracelet has not seen this wrist in a while.
This wrist has been occupied…
And besides, the string has broken
Stretched too thin by use
By tugging
and it needs fixing.

"I'll fix it today"
"I'll fix it tomorrow"
The next string, gilded;
it sits in a drawer. It is ready
Prepared
But something stops me.

"Why repair it?" I ask.
"The symbol is no longer relevant,
Is it?"

So it sits. It will be repaired Someday.
And so too, perhaps, the relevance.

No comments:

Post a Comment